- strengthen the capacity of communities in developing countries to address sustainable development challenges;
- support and promote knowledge transfer of sustainable development solutions among communities
- increase and improve communications among communities with the aim to create greater awareness of common problems and wider access to available knowledge, experience and networks
- recognize and respond to the problems and requirements of communities and civil society in least developed countries, land-locked developing countries, small island developing States and the country’s most seriously affected by, for example, natural disasters, climate change and other crises
Priority Themes: In line with the OP6 Strategic Initiatives, the project will focus on Climate smart innovative agro-ecology.
- Grants of up to US$150,000.
- Replicate a tried and tested practice from one country to another that share similar challenges and/or backgrounds;
- Ideally in the exchange both countries share a good practice/technology with each other so they both learn from each other;
- Support technology transfer that is appropriate for the context;
- Promote and strengthen second tier organizations that can further scale up the practices learned;
- Proposed project should be bold, innovative, and transformative, and have potential for replication and scaling up;
- Emphasis given to enterprises that are ripe for scaling up, building on successful SGP Country Programmes and projects that could bring partnership and leverage additional resources (e.g. cofinancing with INGO, foundation, private sector) at the Program and Project levels are given priorities;
- Ensure the solution can be implemented in the recipient country properly and the selected grantee has a plan, timeline, capacity and budget to make it happen.
Priority will be given to:
CSO with experience in South-South Cooperation exchanges across regions;
support second tier organizations that can help replicate the solution to several communities/organizations in the receiving country;
exchanges that consider mutual exchanges where the two countries could share and learn relevant solutions.
For more information, visit https://www.gh.undp.org/content/ghana/en/home/presscenter/pressreleases/2020/call-for-proposals—innovative-climate-smart-agroecology-within.html