Supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, through the Embassy of Japan in Tirana, the Western Balkans Fund has launched the Funding Call, to better comprehend the impact of COVID-19 to the activities and functioning of Civil Society Organizations in Western Balkans (WB), to identify challenges, but also, the opportunities, lessons learned and recommendations that could provide bigger sustainable support for the CSO sector.
With this Call for Research Papers with its integrated approach, Western Balkans Fund (WBF) aims to present an overview of the dual challenges confronting WB region CSOs of keeping their organizations afloat, while also responding to the needs of the communities in which they operate, also highlighting opportunities that emerged from the crisis, and lessons that could be addressed in support of the recovery and sustainability of WB CSOs.
The overall objective of the WBF Call for Research Papers is to determine the impact of the COVID-19 on Western Balkan region Civil Society Organizations and identify challenges, opportunities, lessons learned and recommendation that could provide bigger sustainable support for the CSO sector.
More specifically, the priorities of the Call for Research Papers are:
- To analyze the support given by Contracting Parties addressing the CSO sector needs;
- To analyze the design of the response package in each Contracting Party and its effectiveness in contributing to sustainability of CSO sector;
- To assess the flexibility of the responsive package for CSOs with varying areas of intervention;
- To assess the performance and progress attained in the implementation existing projects by CSOs during COVID-19 against initially envisaged results;
- To identify lessons learned for CSO performance during crisis;
- To assess donor flexibility in support to ongoing projects;
- To identify opportunities that provides bigger sustainable support for the CSO sector;
- To analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the donor support and national response package by each CP and to draw recommendations to better prepare governments, donor community and CSO sector for future similar situations and develop action plan for future projects.
- To provide clear recommendations on obtaining sustainability in any potential crisis.
- The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Research Papers is EUR 41,000;
- Any funds requested under this Call must not exceed EUR 2,300;
- Funding includes salary costs, funding for the research, supporting tools for the research, communication and other support to administer the research;
- Duration of the research is one (1) month.
In order to be eligible for funds under this Call, the lead applicant must be:
- Think Tank organization coming from the Western Balkan region;
- Research university department coming from the Western Balkan region;
- Civil Society Networks and Advocacy Platforms representing CSO sector from the Western Balkan region.
- The applicant (Researcher) must take responsibility for leading and developing the research paper
For more information, visit http://westernbalkansfund.org/2021/01/06/open-call-for-research-papers-impact-of-covid-19-on-sustainability-of-civil-society-organizations-in-the-western-balkan-region/