CAF Development Bank of Latin America has launched a Call for Research Proposals to support a maximum of three research projects that contribute to the understanding of the costs and benefits that tackling climate change and preserving the environment entail, as well as the mechanisms and policies that can favor or hinder these goals.
A non-exhaustive list of topics which are of interest for the current call is the following:
- The role of institutions in the preservation of the environment.
- Impact of environmental regulations on trade.
- Relationship between climate change and consumption decisions.
- Productivity and climate change.
- Distributional effects of policies that foster environmental conservation and climate change mitigation.
- Effects of implementing public finance tools (taxes, subsidies, bonds, etc) to mitigate climate change and protect the environment and the biodiversity.
- Energy transition and performance of the energy sector.
- Insurance policies covering climate change risks.
- Climate change and migration.
- Social preferences and policies that foster environmental conservation and
- climate change mitigation.
- International coordination tools for climate change adaptation and mitigation and environmental conservation.
- Relationship between economic indicators and indicators related to the
- quality of the environment.
- Geographic distribution of economic activity and climate change.
- Sustainable agriculture and land use.
- Carbon capture.
- Economic development and climate change.
- Water resources, wetland protection and biodiversity.
- Sustainable cities.
A maximum of three prizes will be awarded. Each winning proposal will receive a research grant of up to USD 15,000 to carry out the project.
- Proposals may be submitted in English or Spanish.
- There are no limits on the number of proposals per applicant. In addition, there are no restrictions on the composition of research teams. Proposals may be submitted individually, as a team or through an institution (public, private, etc.).
For more information, visit https://www.caf.com/en/currently/calls/2021/12/call-for-research-proposals-sustainable-development-in-latin-america-and-the-caribbean/