The Camargo Foundation is pleased to launch the 2022-23 Core Program to support groundbreaking research, experimentation, and interdisciplinary approaches in the Arts and Humanities.
The Core Program is the flagship program of the Camargo Foundation. Since 1971, the Camargo Foundation has awarded residencies to nearly 1,000 individuals.
- Scholars: Scholars should be connected to the Arts and Humanities working on French and Francophone cultures, or cross-cultural studies that engage the cultures and influences of the Mediterranean region. To be eligible for a fellowship in the “Scholars” category, applicants are expected either to hold a PhD and a record of post-doctoral scholarship, or, to be PhD candidates completing the final stages of research for, or writing of, their dissertation.
- Thinkers: Thinkers include accomplished professionals and practitioners in cultural and creative fields (such as curators, journalists, critics, urban planners, independent scholars, etc.) who are professionally engaged in critical thought. They are interested in work attuned to the theoretical arena, the arts, and society.
- Artists (all disciplines): Artists in all disciplines should be the primary creators of a new work/project and should have a track record of publications, performances, exhibitions, credits, awards, and/or grants. They are interested in artists who have a fully developed, mature artistic voice. Applicants may include artists who are engaged in critical thought and research-oriented projects. When applying, artists will have to choose among the following subcategories: Visual Artists / Choreographers, Theater Directors, and Performance Artists / Writers and Playwrights / Film, Video and Digital Artists / Composers and Sound Artists / Multidisciplinary Artists.
- A stipend of EUR 250 per week is provided, as is funding for basic transportation to and from Cassis for the Fellow for the residency. In the case of air travel, basic coach class booked in advance is covered.
- 18 fellowships per year (9 artists and 9 scholars & thinkers).
- The Camargo Core Program consists of fellowship residencies that span 6 to 11 weeks.
- The Camargo Foundation prizes diversity and welcomes applicants from all countries and nationalities, representing a broad range of creative thought and practice.
For more information, visit https://camargofoundation.org/programs/camargo-core-program/