Applications are now open for Culture over coffee. The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) and Cambodian Living Arts (CLA) aim to fill this gap through “Culture over coffee”- a joint open call for organisations to organise small, closed gatherings whether physical, virtual or hybrid.
These gatherings are intended for discussion and exchange between the participants – like the kind of conversation you may arrange to have as a follow up after meeting at a conference and discovering some shared interests or concerns.
The gathering could be focused on developing something you want to work on together, or it could be to explore an issue about which you have shared concerns or questions, or to exchange knowledge and experience in a certain field. The gathering does not need to be open to the public, although streaming it would be welcome if you find that relevant.
The joint call aims to:
- Promote cultural exchange by allowing free-flowing conversations to happen
- Enhance the professional development of cultural professionals by bridging new and strengthening existing connections
- Expand the diversity of cultural professionals participating in exchanges and collaborations
- Each selected organization will be awarded a grant of USD 500 (US Dollars Five Hundred).
- Organizations are invited to submit their proposed topic, agenda, format, and participants through the Proposal Template
- Arts organizations should be based and operating in any of the ASEM partner countries
- Each application should have at least 6 and a maximum of 8 participants
- All participants must also be from ASEM partner countries
- Organizations may identify & list all the names of participants in their proposal. Alternatively, they may identify at least 50% of the participants and ASEF and CLA can recommend the remaining participants
- For applications that identify all participants, they should have a mix of at least 3 nationalities from ASEM countries
- For applications that identify 50% of participants, they should have a mix of at least 2 nationalities from ASEM countries
- At least 50% of the participants should be women
- Selected organizations will organize and host the gatherings
- Selected organizations are required to submit a post-event online report, program / agenda, images and / or video clips from the event within 2 weeks of the event.
For more information, visit https://asef.org/projects/mobility-first-x-cambodian-living-arts-joint-open-call-2021-culture-over-coffee/