The United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta is seeking applications for its Program Funding to build a better community by organizing the capacity of people to care for one another.
United Ways across the country recognize that they can contribute to a greater movement called Community Impact. It is about achieving meaningful, long-term improvements to the quality of life in their communities—addressing not just the symptoms of problems but also identifying the root causes. It’s about making fundamental changes to community conditions, and not only providing a portion of monies raised through annual campaigns.
The following areas are the focus of funding for United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta:
- All That Kids Can Be
- Success in School
- Community Engagement and Leadership Development
- Emotional and Physical Wellbeing
- Poverty to Possibility
- Healthy People
- Strong Communities
- Neighbourhood Development and Engagement
- Organizational Capacity Building and Leadership Development
- Volunteer Engagement and Mobilization
Financial support from United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta:
- Will fit with United Way’s funding priorities, and be based upon demonstrated community needs.
- Will be primarily in support of specific, defined programs that serve residents of the Lethbridge and South Western Alberta region.
- Will be based on the availability of financial resources and the availability of other funding sources for the agency.
Eligibility for United Way funding is based on the following criteria:
- The applying agency provides programs and/or services to residents of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta
- Includes the area from Claresholm south to the U.S. border, and from the B.C. border to Highway 36 including Taber and Vauxhall.
- A volunteer board of directors governs the agency
- The agency provides annual financial statements
- The appropriate persons have signed the Agency Endorsement page
- The agency has an active, charitable status with Canada Revenue Agency
- The agency provides verification of existing partnerships for direct program/service delivery (in cases where two or more organizations have a direct role in the delivery of a program or service.
For more information, visit https://lethbridgeunitedway.ca/funding