The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) supports small-scale but high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with the six action areas that guide the Government of Canada’s international assistance.
All projects must align with one of the following Canada Fund for Local Initiatives thematic priorities:
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights, and the rule of law.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- The growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
- Human dignity, covering health, education, and nutrition.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management
- Maximum funding amount: CA$50,000 per project.
Organizations eligible to apply for Canada Fund for Local Initiatives Funding
- Local, national or community-based organization (non-governmental and not-for-profit);
- Local municipal, regional, or national government institution or agency of the recipient country;
- Local academic institution;
- Canadian organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities;
- International or regional organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities;
- The intergovernmental or multilateral institution, organization, or agency working on local development activities.
How To Apply
- The complete application form including the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives Proposed Project Budget (excel sheet) must be only emailed to the Canada Fund.
- Applications may be submitted in Mongolian and/or English.
- Project activities should be expected to commence by November 6, 2020, and be completed by February 28, 2021. Projects spanning two years should be completed by 1 February 2022.
- All sections of the proposal must be filled out in order to be considered. All proposals must be submitted in Word document format. PDFs will not be accepted.
- The project proposal must provide detailed information on your back-up plan in case local authorities decide to take stricter measures to prevent the COVID-19 pandemic in Mongolia.
For more information, visit https://canadafundmongolia.mn/en/2020-2021-project-guidelines/