The G. Murray and Edna Forbes Foundation at the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation accepts applications for projects or operations grants.
Priority shall be given to specific proposals related to:
- Arts and Culture;
- Environment. For example, proposals that support minimizing carbon footprint, pollution reduction, transition to clean energy, habitat preservation and/or restoration, and related educational activities.
- Health including mental health, drug abuse/addictions programming;
- Homelessness and Affordable Housing;
- Indigenous Programming;
- Poverty Reduction;
- Requested grant amounts will have a minimum value of $5,000 and a maximum value of $30,000.
- Project grants: no later than 60 days after the approved project end date.
- Operations grants: no later than 120 days after the end of the fiscal year of the approved use of the grant.
Grant Funds shall NOT be used for:
- Operating or capital deficits.
- Establishment of endowment funds.
- Retroactive funding r past expenses.
- Political Activities.
- Continuing or multi-year commitments.
- To confer private benefit on any individual.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- How were the grant needs determined?
- What methods were used to identify the need?
- Which granting priority area does the application apply to?
- What capacity does the organization have to complete the work?
- What factors determine success?
- Are there other funders or funding committed to the work?
- Have any necessary approvals been achieved?
- Has any other work in this area been undertaken?
- Internal capacity to ensure project success.
For more information, visit https://sscf.ca/g-murray-and-edna-forbes-foundation-fund/