The Manitoba Arts Council is pleased to announce the Arts Leaders Program to support building the capacity for leadership by individuals who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or People of Colour (BIPOC) in Manitoba’s arts and cultural sector.
The program has the goal of seeing more BIPOC professionals in senior leadership positions in the arts.
This program is supported through a partnership agreement between Manitoba Arts Council and The Winnipeg Foundation.
- Grant amount: Up to $ 35,000
What you can apply for?
Possible leadership development opportunities could include but are not limited to:
- Mentorship and / or training opportunities within an organization. To be initiated by the applicant and to primarily benefit the applicant, rather than the host organization.
- One-on-one mentorships
- Post-secondary arts and cultural leadership studies
- Independent proposals for self-directed leadership skill development
Arts practitioners who identify as Indigenous, Black, or People of Color with a demonstrated commitment to the arts and cultural sector, including work and / or volunteer experience with professional arts / cultural organizations or groups, and community not for profit organizations are eligible to apply.
Applicant types include:
- Arts / cultural professionals
- Knowledge Keepers
- Professional artists
For more information, visit https://artscouncil.mb.ca/support-arts-leaders/