The City of Thunder Bay has announced a call for applications for the 2021 Operating Grant Program.
This program is designed to support a variety of non-profit community, youth, and cultural organizations that have an ongoing presence in Thunder Bay and a track record of providing quality programming and/or services.
- The maximum total funding available for allocation amongst all Community, Youth & Cultural groups in the Operating Category is $160,000.
- The maximum term for this grant is three (3) years.
To be eligible for an Operating Grant, the applicant must:
- Have a community, youth, or culture sector focus/mandate.
- Be an incorporated non-profit organization or non-incorporated collective which operates on a non-profit basis.
- Have a clearly stated purpose and function, as well as be fully responsible for the planning and provision of its services.
- Operate from a location in the City of Thunder Bay and carry out programs in this community for the benefit of its people.
- Extend its services to the general public in Thunder Bay and accommodate for needs related to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status and disability, unless to do so would cause undue hardship.
- Have an independent and active governing board composed of volunteers, as well as a considerable volunteer component.
- Demonstrate need for the requested funding and provide evidence that funds are confirmed/projected from a variety of other sources, e.g. donations/sponsorships, user fees, other government sources.
For more information, visit https://www.thunderbay.ca/en/city-hall/community-youth-and-cultural-funding.aspx