The Community Foundation Grey Bruce has announced a call for proposals for the Community Grants Program.
Applicant’s project must benefit local communities in one of the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- The wellbeing of children and youth
- Reduction of poverty
- The environment
- Health and wellness of the people of Grey & Bruce
- Applicant organizations may include capacity building and value-added training to a maximum cost of $1,000.
- Small capital grants no more than $1,500 for office equipment etc.
- Funding up to $5,000 may be requested for projects and programs that prove support for disadvantaged children and families; applications for projects that do not support disadvantaged children and families may be submitted for up to $3,000.
- Grants are not usually made to support the normal annual operating costs of organizations or core services that are otherwise directly or indirectly, publicly funded, such as municipalities, hospitals, and school boards. Enhanced services that are not core funded or part of regular operating budget are eligible. Applications of this type must explain clearly why the funding requested from the Community Foundation is not available from government sources. All applications involving activities with primary and secondary schools must be accompanied by a Letter of Permission from the relevant School Board.
- Charitable organizations applying must have a strong local presence (e.g. a local Board of Directors, a well-defined accountable local committee, a local office with strong community involvement) or must demonstrate that the project/program will specifically benefit residents of Grey and/or Bruce Counties.
- Applications will not be considered:
- To support ongoing operating costs including wages and salaries
- In response to fundraising campaigns
- To cover deficits
- To retire debts
- To increase endowment funds
- To fund activities that serve primarily the membership or purposes of religious or political organizations
- To individuals
- To fund tours or travel outside Grey or Bruce Counties
- To the same project for more than 3 times
- To organizations that have not completed the terms of any previous grant(s) or have not submitted reports due for those previous grants
For more information, visit https://www.communityfoundationgreybruce.com/grants/community/