The Casey Cardinia Foundation is currently seeking applications for the Community Grants Program 2020.
- Grants of up to $10,000 will be considered in this grants round. Please note that the average grant amount is $5,000.
- Grant requests above $10,000 will not be accepted unless prior consent is obtained from the Foundation.
- Community organisations operating as a Not for Profit Incorporated organisation and/or Charitable organisations with Item 1 Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and Tax Concession Charity (TCC) status are eligible to apply. Applicant organisations must:
- be located or conduct the application project within the City of Casey and/or Cardinia Shire;
- not be primarily commercial or established for profit making purposes;
- have an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
- Applications will not be accepted by:
- Organisations that have previously received grant money from the Casey Cardinia Foundation and have not fulfilled their obligations nor provided satisfactory project acquittal reports;
- Businesses which operate for profit.
Conditions of Funding
Grants offered to successful applicants are subject to the following conditions:
- Funds must be acquitted on the project as described in the application, 12 months after receipt of funds. Including financial reporting, evidence and three photographs for marketing purposes;
- Projects will acknowledge the support of the Casey Cardinia Foundation Community Grants Program in their project communications, where possible i.e. newsletters, social media, websites;
- Projects will commence within 3 months of the allocation of funds.
The Casey Cardinia Foundation Community Grants Program supports Community, Older persons, Disability, Disadvantage, Youth, Arts, Environment, Men’s Health and Crisis projects of benefit to the community of the Cardinia Shire and City of Casey regions which:
- Enable the community organisation to respond to local needs;
- Target disadvantaged communities or current areas of high need;
- Build and improve skills within the community;
- Create opportunities within the region for residents;
- Provide innovative solutions to identified and evidenced needs;
- Seek to change or positively influence poor behaviours and lifestyle;
- Assist the social, community and general welfare of residents;
- Support the growing needs of the Casey Cardinia communities, now and into the future;
- Contribute to community development;
- Will commence within 3 months of receipt of the grant funds.
Projects Ineligible for Funding
- Projects which are considered the responsibility of governments;
- Projects for private benefit;
- Projects that are political in nature;
- Projects that have already commenced;
- Applications benefiting Individuals;
- Endowment Funds;
- Retrospective or duplicated funding;
- Programs that discriminate or create community conflicts;
- Projects that are not located in the Casey Cardinia Region.
The Applicant organisation is eligible;
- The Applicant organisation demonstrates capacity to deliver the project and meet the grant conditions;
- The project provides significant community benefit within the Casey Cardinia Region;
- The project identifies where possible other sources of financial/in-kind support;
- The application states clear aims and objectives;
- The application shows evidence of understanding, planning, resources, safety and relevant permits.
For more information, visit https://caseycardiniafoundation.org/grants/