In support of the burgeoning creative industry, the Cav’ Platform, a project of the Goethe-Institut in partnership with the Gauteng Creative Industries Public Sector Steering Committee is seeking proposals to support creative businesses with a social aspect and non-profit organizations with involvement in: animation gaming, performing arts, film, music, craft, photography and visual art.
Cav’ Platform, a project of the Goethe-Institut in partnership with the Gauteng Creative Industries Public Sector Steering Committee seeks to support South African Creative Social Enterprises to implement resilient business structures in light of the changes and challenges brought by the COVID 19 pandemic. Social enterprises accommodated by this grant include creative businesses with a social aspect and non-profit organisations. Eligible enterprises and organisation need to be operating within these sectors: animation gaming, performing arts, film, music, craft, photography and visual art.
The grant amount is €15.000 to be awarded per creative social enterprise. The activities need to be implemented between February – June 2022.
Applications should meet the following criteria to receive support:
- Creative Social Enterprise Criteria:
- They must be South African registered SMMEs with a social aspect or Non-Profit organisation operating within these particular sectors; animation gaming, performing arts, film, music, craft, photography and visual art.
- They need to have been in operation for a minimum of 3 years.
- They must have existing business and operational systems.
- Not have received a Resilience Grant previously from the Goethe-Institut.
- The social enterprise must have experience in financial and/or grant management.
- The social enterprise must have been negatively impacted by COVID 19
- Activities must be able to be implemented or adapted to comply with strict COVID 19 restrictions.
- Priority will be given to creative social enterprises owned or managed by women.
- Priority will also be given to activities that have a focus on youth development.
- Activities Criteria:
- The activities applied for must focus on creative entrepreneurship development and sustainability, which can include; market access, marketing, financial management, networking, etc
- The activities applied for must directly impact creatives in addition to supporting the social enterprise.
- The activities applied for must show innovative ways of operating a business or organisation, which will be a positive departure from the standard operations.
For more information, visit https://www.goethe.de/prj/cap/en/new/gra.html