The Community Foundation of Mendocino County is seeking applications for Community Resiliency and Preparedness Fund.
The goal of the Fund is to support effective, realistic, and coordinated planning, reduce duplication of efforts, and increase the overall effectiveness of disaster preparedness activities in their communities. These efforts can help minimize the impact of disasters on their community and result in saving more lives and safeguarding livelihoods during any disaster situation, enabling our affected neighbors to return to a normal lifestyle as quickly as possible, and for the community to be stronger and more resilient afterward.
- Total $100,000;
- grant range: $1,000-$10,000.
In order to apply, organizations may not have an open Field-of-Interest grant and all previous reporting must be successfully completed. City and county entities will be considered on a request-by-request basis. All other applicant organizations must:
- Serve residents of Mendocino County. Applicants not headquartered in Mendocino County must ensure that all grant dollars requested are spent within the County;
- Be legally chartered in California and in possession of a determination letter from the IRS declaring the organization a public charity that is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3); or be a school district, tribe, or special district (e.g. community services, recreation, fire protection); or have an aligned mission with a fiscal sponsor;
- Have two years of operational history;
- Conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, or religious affiliation.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3uk2yMZ