The Center for Global Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CGEED) is seeking applications for the Digital Transformation Grant for Women-led Enterprises.
This project aims at empowering women to use technology to access information sources, engage and improve their business processes, and achieve their socioeconomic opportunities. Advancing women’s digital connectivity will bring new business opportunities; enable them to have access to personal digital technology, which is essential in today’s digital economy.
This is a resource grant that will train women in digital literacy to help them manage their businesses during and after the pandemic. This project will enable the economic potential of technology for SMEs by increasing their competitiveness by streamlining their business and administrative processes, facilitating their access to both capital and economic opportunities.
CGEED provides support for programs to enhance, promote, and grow SME entrepreneurs in Africa and other developing countries. It has worked to seek out new and existing high-growth SMEs to provide expertise by connecting these SMEs to better resources and will help them to expand into new marketing opportunities.
Moreover, CGEED provides training and United States market entry strategies to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to help them understand the best practices needed to break into the United States market. CGEED works with the government and policymakers to help create policies and programs that will improve the competitiveness for SMEs.
- To promote digital skills and entrepreneurship
- Business management and development skills
- Collaboration with other peers globally
- Access to information, communication, and technology (ICT) tools
- Consulting services
- Digital Transformation Training Grant– (worth $ 4,000 in value)
- It is now very crucial for businesses to digitize their processes. This grant will provide practical applications for digital transformation to boost your business productivity.
- This grant supports businesses, SMEs, nonprofits, and entrepreneurs with the skills and resources needed for the digital transformation of their businesses.
- With these skills and proper digital platforms in place, this funding will help them to meet the demands of the customers and clients and help them to increase their business revenue.
- Digital Integration Startup Training Grant -(worth $ 3,000 in value)
- This grant is to support SMEs who have not started implementing digital solutions and tools to enable their business processes. This introduces tools, mentorship, and general support services.
The duration of the Digital Transformation Grant is 6 months.
Participants should be women entrepreneurs, community members, school administrators, teachers, women and youth organizations, women startups companies, and other private and informal sectors leaders:
- Come from West Africa, or members of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- Be between 18 to 70 years of age.
- One who has access to a phone or computer and a knowledge of English.
- Has a business or plans to open one.
- Has a social media account on Facebook and WhatsApp
For more information, visit https://www.cgeed.org/