The Children’s Home Foundation Fund has been announced which is a fund of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, is to provide aid to economically disadvantaged children in Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties.
In accordance with this mission, funding priority will be given in the following areas:
- Human services, especially programs which address needs for food, clothing and shelter;
- Cultural enrichment and the arts.
- Grant awards are generally between $1,500 – $6,000.
What They Don’t Fund
- Capital campaigns;
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations;
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence;
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability;
- Religious organizations for religious purposes;
- Retroactive projects.
- The Children’s Home Foundation Fund will make grants that serve to provide aid to economically disadvantaged children in Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties.
- This opportunity is available to nonprofit organizations federally determined as 501(c)(3) entities.
- Applicants without 501(c)(3) status may engage a fiscal sponsor to administer their grant funds. If using a fiscal sponsor, you must follow the additional “Fiscal Sponsor” instructions.
- In order to be considered eligible for future funding, grantees must provide a final grant use report to the Children’s Home Foundation Fund when all funds have been expended but no later than sixty (60) days following completion of the project.
- Unexpended grant funds must be returned to the Children’s Home Foundation Fund when all funds have been expended but no later than sixty (60) days following completion of the project.
Follow these simple steps to apply
- ACCESS, download and/or print the 2020 Children’s Home Foundation Fund Application.
- COMPLETE the Children’s Home Foundation Fund Application. Gather required attachments, including documentation of federal and state charitable registration.
- All attachments listed within the Application for Funding Cover Page are required.
- Letters of support are not required but are accepted.
- If your project represents a partnership or is 100% dependent upon participation by an organization presented in your application, please provide a letter from each organization that confirms their agreement to participate.
- Applicants using a fiscal sponsor must also follow the Fiscal Sponsor directions.
- EMAIL your complete Application by 4 pm on the deadline date. Applications will not be accepted after this date or time. Applicants who do not have access to email may mail materials to The Foundation for Enhancing Communities. Applications must be postmarked by the deadline date. Hand-delivered materials will not be accepted at this time.
For more information, visit https://www.tfec.org/grants/the-childrens-home-foundation-fund-grant-guidelines/