$1,000,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
- $250,000 USD Grand Prize: A single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
- $75,000 USD Regional First Runners-Up: Three teams from around the world (Americas, EMEAR and APJC) will be designated the regional first runners-up and will receive $75,000 USD each.
- $50,000 USD Second Runners-Up: Three teams will be designated the second runners-up and will receive $50,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD People’s Choice: The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
- $15,000 USD Cisco Employees’ Choice: The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the Cisco Employees’ Choice Award.
- Special Prizes
- $100,000 USD Climate Impact & Regeneration Prize: A single team will be designated as the winner of this prize.
- $50,000 USD Climate Impact & Regeneration Prize Runners-Up: Four teams will be designated as the winners of this prize.
- $50,000 USD HBCU Startup Prize: A single team will be designated as the winner of this prize.
Why should you participate?
In addition to a cash infusion to develop your solution, it will be reviewed by Cisco technology experts and high-profile judges. You’ll receive peer and industry validation for your solution, as well as have a great opportunity for global recognition and publicity.
- If your solution uses digital technology to positively impact society or the environment, consider entering. Areas of impact include, but are not limited to, critical human needs like water or food security, healthcare, financial inclusion, education, accessibility, and the environment.
- This Contest is open and offered only to
- individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Individual Participant”),
- teams of up to five individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Team Participant”), and
- legal business entities (“Business Entity Participant”).
For more information, visit https://cisco.innovationchallenge.com/cisco-global-problem-solver-challenge-2022
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Register to Participate
You can participate as an individual, as part of a team, or as a business entity. Teams may have a maximum of 5 members. If you are registering as part of a team, your team leader will need to register first and then can invite you to register as a member of the team, using your email address.
- Prepare your Submission
There will be two distinct submission rounds:
Round one opens November 30, 2021 and closes February 11, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST. To prepare your submission you will need to complete an online questionnaire, which will cover the following topics:
- Defining the problem you are solving
- Overview of your solution
- Benefits of your solution and how it uses digital technologies
- How your solution is unique and will be taken to market
- Risks associated with the solution
- 90-second pitch video explaining the solution
- Submit Your Solution
- Once you’ve prepared and double-checked all your materials, have your team leader log onto the Challenge website. You must upload all materials and submit them before the deadline in order for your entry to be considered.
- Please check your entry for completeness and ensure your video does not exceed 90 seconds. Also, do not use unlicensed images, music, or video content in your submission.
- Judges evaluate submissions and are looking for ideas that are especially innovative and clearly articulate the use of technology, feasibility, and scale of impact.
- On April 26, 2022, Semi-Finalists will be invited via email to submit a more detailed proposal.
- The round two application window opens April 26, 2022 and closes May 20, 2022 at 5pm PT. Finalists will be announced on July 5, 2022.
- In addition to the information provided in round one, the online round two questionnaire for Semi-Finalists will include the following sections:
- Detailed technical overview of solution
- Timeline for the next 12-24 months
- Addressable market
- Financial model
- Team bios
- If you are selected as a Semi-Finalist, be sure that your team leader logs in to the Challenge website before the May 20, 2022 5pm PT deadline to double check all of the materials and click submit in order to be considered for the final round.
- Be sure to check that your content meets the submission guidelines, or your entry may be disqualified. It’s also important to check for completeness, appropriate content, video length, and unlicensed images, music, or video. If your round two application is not submitted by the deadline, it will not be considered.
- Vote and Promote
If you are selected as a Finalist, we recommend that you share your participation in the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2022 with your supporters and invite them to vote for their favorite entries. Voting for the People’s Choice Award takes place from July 5 – 29, 2022. The Finalist team with the most votes will receive the $10,000 USD People’s Choice Award.
- Celebrate the Winners
Once the submission period closes our judges will begin evaluating the submissions, looking for solutions that are especially innovative and which clearly articulate their use of technology, feasibility and scale of impact. Winners will be announced on August 23, 2022!