The City of Powder Springs has launched the Powder Springs Small Business Grant to offset the economic impact to small businesses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
During the second round of applications, eligibility has expanded to provide grant funding of up to $5,000 to for-profit businesses and 501 (c) (3) organizations with less than $5 million in estimated annual gross receipts that demonstrate a financial disruption of 10% or more due to COVID-19.
Businesses will also demonstrate how operating assistance provided will enable the business to continue to operate. The total funding for this program is limited to $400,000. As the City is utilizing federal CARES Act funding for the grant, all operating assistance must be compliant with federal regulations.
Grant funds may be used for the following:
- Rent/leases/equipment rental;
- Utility payments;
- PPE and other supplies/costs to ensure employee and customer safety;
- Rehiring and/or maintaining full time W-2 or 1099 employees.
- Business must have their primary location/headquarters in the city limits of Powder Springs (franchisees may apply if the business is wholly owned by an individual).
- Business may be home-based or commercial business; or be a 501 (c) (3) organization.
- Business must have a current City of Powder Springs business license and be current on all City taxes and permits.
- Business must have been in continuous operation for a minimum of 1 year prior to March 1, 2020.
- Business has estimated annual gross receipts under $5 million.
- Business must show financial disruption of 10% or greater .
Businesses may apply for the Powder Springs Small Business Grant program if they have received CARES Act funds through other programs, including the U.S. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program or the Select Cobb Small Business Grant program. However, if awarded, recipients may not use grant funds for expenses that have already been covered through other programs.
For more information, visit https://www.cityofpowdersprings.org/830/Small-Business-Grant-Program