Eurasia Foundation (EF) announces a call for applications for Innovative Solutions Grants, an open, competitive competition for grant funding under the Civil Society Support Program in Central Asia (CSSP).
CSSP is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by EF. The goal of the program is to cultivate a vibrant and responsive civil society in Central Asia.
In order to expand civic engagement and cross-sectoral partnerships in addressing social challenges, CSSP will provide funding to civil society representatives from Kazakhstan to implement projects based in new ideas, strategies and/or technologies that contribute to the solution of socially significant problems through Innovative Solutions Grants (ISG). ISGs will be awarded on a quarterly basis.
- ISGs are flexible and will support project ideas in the following areas:
- New approaches for creating dialogue and results through cross-sectoral partnerships
- Leveraging new technologies to solve pressing social or community problems
- Creative or experimental approaches to fundraising in the social sphere
- Creating mechanisms for citizen engagement in solving community problems
- Illustrative examples of projects for ISG funding include:
- Campaigns using electronic petitions, social media and mobile apps to raise awareness of pressing social problems and propose solutions to address the needs and interests of the public;
- Collaboration with government agencies to address the issue of personal data protection;
- Public campaigns that unite civic activists, businesses and CSO experts to protect a shared public asset such as green spaces and playgrounds;
- Negotiated deals with local businesses to provide discounts to vulnerable groups, volunteer working time and offer material support during pandemic lockdowns;
- Crowdfunding campaigns to raise financial support for charitable causes.
Award activities may last for any period of time up to 12 months. Funding amounts for Innovative Solutions Grants will range from 2,000 to 10,000 USD. Applicants must specify the duration and amount requested in their applications. Applicants may only submit one application per cycle.
Registered CSOs and initiative groups from Kazakhstan are eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://www.eurasia.org/sites/default/files/NOFO_ISG_KAZ_EN.pdf