The Doc Society is seeking applications for Climate Story Fund to support stories and impact campaigns from around the world that move us closer to a climate just and biodiverse future.
Doc Society is a global non-profit committed to enabling great documentary films and connecting them to audiences globally. They bring people together to unleash the transformational power of independent documentary film. They serve individual filmmakers and the growing network of partners who support them globally.
- In this initial round, the Climate Story Fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging from $20,000 to $100,000 per project.
- The global fund is open to all mediums and will support both production and impact campaigns that are ready to launch during the next 12 months.
- They are looking for creative nonfiction projects that can complete production in 2021 with support from the Climate Story Fund. This can include long-form non-fiction, shorts, and episodic documentaries, as well as podcasts and AR/VR.
- The Fund will also consider proposals from completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects that are looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2021 to engage audiences who have felt excluded from the climate conversation.
- They can support:
- Projects from all over the world – these can be localized stories serving local communities, or projects suited to a global audience.
- Projects from both new and established artists.
- Creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2021.
- Project teams who are able to attend our virtual Impact Lab during the week of 17 May 2021.
- They cannot support:
- Stories in the pre-production stage.
- Fiction stories looking for production funding.
To Bear in Mind
- They are happy to receive applications from producers, directors, or impact producers on the project.
- If you would like to work on the application questions offline, you can download a preview of the application. To be considered for funding, you must submit an application online.
- The Climate Story Fund application form is part of the Common Application Project, an initiative by international documentary funders to reduce the burden on filmmakers by providing the same application form across funders.
- Editorial input – as a funding partner, Doc Society will come on board as collaborators, partners, and your biggest champion. They see their role as “friend of the artist” and the team here being at your service whether you need help crafting your outreach strategy, negotiating with other funders, or working out the best place for your premiere. All of this is included as part of their investment, as well as first-class creative input and editorial feedback.
- Their grant funding is recoupable on a pro-rata pari passu basis. Where funding is recouped, it is to be recycled to go directly toward the project’s impact campaign.
For more information, visit https://docsociety.org/climate-story/