Applications are now open for the Cloonty Community Benefit Fund.
Purpose of the fund
- This local community benefit fund was set up by Gaelectric in 2016 and is now managed by CGN Europe – a wind energy and energy storage company that believes in a sustainable future. GCN is committed to ensuring that their wind farms, whilst having obvious environmental benefits, also provide significant economic benefits to the local community.
- The Cloonty Community Benefit Fund is available to local community projects within 6km of the Cloonty Wind Farm site which is located in an area bounded by the B17 Straid Road to the north, the B62 Ballybogey Road to the west and B147 Kirk Road / Ballintea Road to the south and east.
The fund aims to encourage:
- Stronger more inclusive communities by ensuring that local people have ownership and involvement in the design and delivery of the project.
- Partnership working with community, voluntary and statutory agencies
to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Sustainable solutions that address local issues.
- The fund will support projects addressing issues within the following theme areas:
- Priority will be given to:
- Projects aimed at providing skills development for young adults and / or the unemployed
- Inter-generational projects
- Collaborative projects
- Rural insulation tackling projects
- Projects based around community arts
- Projects which improve the usage of community space
- Amount: Grants up to £ 7,500
In addition, the Cloonty Community Benefit Fund will not support:
- The advancement of religion. This includes organizations whose purposes include the advancement of religion;
- The establishment of endowment of any school or institution providing further education within the meaning of the Education and Libraries (Northern Ireland) Order 1972;
- The provision of assistance to any Housing Association within the meaning of the Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 1976;
- Promotion of religious or political activity, including any flags and emblems that may deem to be associated with such;
- Applications from individuals;
- Applications from statutory organizations;
- Salaried posts;
- Trips abroad;
- Activities that duplicate existing services;
- Retrospective Funding;
- Substitution for statutory funding.
For more information, visit https://communityfoundationni.org/grants/cloonty-community-benefit-fund/