The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is pleased to announce Council on Australia Latin America Relations grant that aims to enhance and strengthen links between Australia and Latin America in the priority areas of business, education, sustainability, tourism, and cultural promotion.
- Sustainability across COALAR’s priority areas of business, education, tourism, and cultural promotion.
- Developing relationships with relevant stakeholders in Australia and Latin America to develop strategic collaboration and engagement opportunities.
- Promoting and supporting economic diplomacy projects and activities that facilitate and grow new business opportunities.
- Promoting and supporting projects that involve the sharing and transferring of expertise from which institutions or individuals in Australia and Latin America
- Developing relationships between stakeholders in Australia and Latin America using digital networking that enables collaboration and virtual engagement opportunities.
- Using activities, programs, awards, and networks to promote Australia and Latin America as dynamic and diverse societies.
- Encouraging new and innovative approaches to strengthen business, education, and community links such as technology and new capabilities.
- Increasing COALAR’s online and social media presence to support connections between Australia and Latin America.
- In 2021-22, approximately $400,000 is available for this grant opportunity, subject to appropriation.
- Grant limits are: minimum of $10,000 (GST exclusive); maximum of $50,000 (GST exclusive).
- Enhanced and strengthened links between Australia and Latin America in the priority areas of business, education, sustainability, tourism, and cultural promotion.
- A closer engagement between corporate Australia and with Latin America.
- Increased awareness and understanding of Australia in Latin America, and of Latin America in Australia.
- Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador,El Salvador, Guatemala, México, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú and Uruguay.
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- An Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or Indigenous Corporation Number (ICN).
- An Australian consortium with a lead organisation .
- An Australian registered charity or not-for-profit organisation.
- An Australian local government body.
- An Australian State/Territory government body.
- A corporate Commonwealth entity.
- An Australian statutory authority.
- An Australian or permanent resident of Australia.
- A citizen or organization from one of the following countries in Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, México, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú, and Uruguay
- A well-established organization in a Latin American country with a business purpose to advocate for Australian business, education, and/or cultural interests.
- And be willing to provide or develop child protection guidelines that meet the Child Protection Policy | Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (dfat.gov.au)for your project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
For more information, visit https://www.dfat.gov.au/people-people/coalars-grant-round-2021-2022