The Commissioner is inviting you to apply for a small grant to improve the lives of South Australian children and young people and facilitate this input through conversations, discussions, forums or focus groups that will help inform specific areas of your work.
- Promote and protect the rights, interests and well-being of children and young people, and amplify their experiences, insights and opinions.
- Provide oversight and advocacy to strengthen the development and wellbeing of South Australia’s children and young people.
- Develop opportunities for South Australian children and young people to participate in decision-making and contribute to public, civic, and community life.
- Champion children and young people’s rights and work with the broader community to respect and support their inclusion in laws, policies and decision making.
- Connect with children and young people’s enthusiasm and capacity for innovation and identify and create opportunities for them to engage and influence change.
- Monitor, investigate, research, make submissions and advocate for change in laws, policies, programs and practices or issues that negatively impact children and young people.
- Advise leaders and decision-makers on how to improve the development and wellbeing of South Australia’s children and young people.
- Partner and collaborate with organisations and systems to include children and young people as stakeholders and to incorporate their perspectives and views in policy and system reforms.
Key Focus Areas
- Place the interests of children and young people front and centre in everyday life.
- Prioritise the development and wellbeing of those doing it tough.
- Engage and empower young digital citizens.
- Strengthen children and young people’s participation in society.
The Commissioner’s Community Conversation Grant is available for local government and not-for-profit service providers based in South Australia that:
- Have appropriate legal structures and are community based.
- Have appropriate child safe policies and practices in place.
- Use the financial support directly for the purpose intended; and
- Seek to work collaboratively with the Commissioner for Children and Young People SA on issues of relevance to her work in addressing systemic issues that if addressed will improve the quality of children and young people’s lives.
Recipients of the Commissioner’s Community Conversation Grant will be asked to agree to the following:
- Undertake conversations, discussions, forums or focus groups with children and young people in their local community to inform the work they undertake to ensure it includes children and young people’s ideas, opinions and voice.
- Broker conversations between children and young people and the Commissioner to inform her ongoing advocacy agenda.
For more information, visit https://www.ccyp.com.au/community-conversations-grants/