The City of San Leandro, California is seeking applications for its Community Assistance Grant Program (CAP) that provides financial support to non-profits providing human services and programs for individuals and families living in San Leandro.
The Request for Funding Applications (RFA) is for a two-year funding cycle covering fiscal years within 2021-2023. CAP is funded by the City of San Leandro general fund and federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) fund from the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD).
- Contingent on the availability of funds, the City of San Leandro will make available an estimated $250,000, comprised of CDBG and Community Investment funds per fiscal year within 2021- 2023 to support human service programs.
- The minimum grant is $10,000.
Proposals will be evaluated using the following funding guidelines:
- Proposals must meet an unmet service gap identified in the Human Services Gap Analysis. Priority will be given to:
- CDBG funding consideration must also meet CDBG consolidated & action plan priorities and eligibility requirements:
- Benefit low/moderate-income (LMI) people;
- At least 51% of the clients must have income < 80% of Area Median Income; or
- Primarily serve “presumed (to be LMI households) beneficiaries” – abused children, elderly persons, battered spouses, disabled adults, homeless persons, migrant farm workers, illiterate persons, persons living with AIDS.
- Additional Funding Considerations:
- The total number of San Leandro residents served.
- Avoid duplication of service, except where there is demonstrated need for multiple providers.
- One grant per agency (grant may fund multiple activities.)
- A record of accomplishment of providing quality service.
- If the agency is a repeat applicant, a demonstrated history of timely compliance requirements from former agreements.
- A demonstration that the agency has the fiscal capacity to fulfill requirements.
- A demonstration that the grant helps to leverage other funds.
- Other sources of funding for the proposed service.
- Proposal effectively enhances and/or augments an existing human services system of care.
For more information, visit https://www.sanleandro.org/depts/rec/rh/cagrant.asp