The City of Logan is pleased to announce Community Events Funding Program that aims to support events that promote and celebrate all the things they love about their city.
They also know community groups often need support to make these events a reality. That’s why their Community Events Funding Program exists.
There are two funding options available through the Community Events Funding Program:
- Small Event Grant: $200 – $2,000
- This grant is for small events, normally with less than 1,000 people expected. These small community events tend to be aimed at a particular group in the community.
- Event Sponsorship: $2,001 – $20,000
- Event sponsorship is available for large events, normally with over 1,000 people expected to attend and which have a broad community appeal.
What they can fund?
Their goal is to support events that promote and celebrate all the things they love about their city.
- Events that will be conducted within the boundaries of Logan City and benefit members of the Logan community (i.e. not only to the benefit of an individual); OR
- Events that will not be conducted within the boundaries of Logan City, but will benefit members of the Logan community (i.e. not only to the benefit of an individual).
- Please provide detailed information in your application describing the benefit to the Logan community, identifying the groups that will benefit and how. This should be included in the Event Description.
- With events that will be held outside of the boundaries of Logan City, while there may be benefit to members of the Logan community, preference is given to events that are delivered within the boundaries of Logan City.
- Events must demonstrate that they support Council’s community purpose:
- Encourage a vibrant, engaged and resilient community
- Build on the strengths in the local community
- Value local collaboration and partnerships
- Encourage participation in community life and foster social cohesion
- Promote and encourage environmental protection and sustainability
- Support their city vision of ‘Innovative, Dynamic, City of the Future’
- Support Council’s Corporate Plan priorities
- This grant is available for organisations that operate within Logan or are able to show that the event will directly benefit their community.
- To be eligible to receive Community Events funding, applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria. Organisations who apply must:
- Be based within Logan or be able to show that the event will directly benefit their community.
- Have current public liability insurance for $20 million. You must attach a copy of this with your application.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have no outstanding acquittals or debts with Council.
- Have appropriate workplace health and safety policies.
For more information, visit https://www.logan.qld.gov.au/events-and-festivals/events-festivals/1