The Community Foundation of Broward is pleased to announce new Small Grants Program to help grassroots nonprofits tackle Broward’s most pressing challenges.
The new Small Grants provide a shot in the arm for small, often minority-led nonprofits that play a big role in making Broward a better place to live.
The Community Foundation of Broward’s new Small Grants Pilot aims to help reduce barriers for grassroots and/or minority led nonprofit organizations that provide vital programs or services to improve the quality of life of residents and to enrich the community.
Broward’s community based/grassroots and minority led organizations are valuable assets in addressing critical issues to improve the quality of life in the community. As a myriad of issues continue to unfold, especially in light of the pandemic, they have learned that smaller organizations face significant challenges to develop, achieve capacity, sustain stability, and enhance service delivery.
Grants of up to $25,000 will provide support for organizations’ programming and core mission work inclusive of operational expenses such as salaries, technology, utilities, office supplies, etc.
- Community-based/grassroot organization with an organizational budget of $500,000 or less.
- Work on critical issues and provide solutions and opportunities to improve outcomes on the issue(s) being addressed.
- Project must be accessible within the local neighborhood or community where you are trying to make a difference.
- Project must serve and/or impact Broward County.
- Have at least two years of operating history in Broward County.
- Organization can be volunteer-driven or have full-time/part-time staff.
- Have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or have a partner as its fiscal sponsor that has tax exempt status.
- Be in good standing with the Foundation, if you are a previous or current grantee.
The Foundation will give priority to organizations that are:
- Black or brown led, and/or have a board with significant representation inclusive of the community served because historically those organizations have encountered significant challenges in successfully securing grants and/or funding support.
- Inclusive of the people within a community where programs or services are be offered so they help determine organizational and/or programmatic priorities.
- Identifying and addressing underlying barriers or challenges holding people/communities back from achieving their highest potential.
For more information, visit Community Foundation.
For more information, visit https://www.cfbroward.org/articles/community-foundation-of-broward-launches-new-small-grants-program-for-grassroots-nonprofits