The Community Foundation of North Louisiana is currently accepting applications for the Primary Grants 2020. Primary Grants are typically awarded to existing organizations with annual revenue of $250,000 or more.
The proposed program must align with one of the following program areas:
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Development
- Health & Science
- Human Services
- Organizational Development
- There is no maximum or minimum amount that can be requested.
- In the last cycle, 39 grants were awarded in this category.
- The average grant amount was $59,000.
- The smallest grant was $3,399.
- The largest grant was $285,000.
- The proposed program must begin no earlier than June 1, 2021, and end no later than December 31, 2022.
- The program length must be 12 months or less.
- Geographic Area: Programs must serve Caddo and/or Bossier Parishes.
- IRS status: All applicants must have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code or be described as an appropriate grantee for a community foundation under the IRS Code. An organization must have received its 501(c)(3) ruling letter from the IRS prior to applying for funding.
- Audit: If the organization’s prior year actual gross revenue is less than $750,000, a current financial compilation or review must be submitted with the letter of intent. If the organization’s prior year actual gross revenue is $750,000 or more, a current audit must be submitted with the letter of intent.
- Form 990: All applicants must be in good standing with the IRS regarding their Form 990 filing requirements. A copy of the organization’s most recent Form 990 must be submitted as part of the Stage Two grant application.
Grant applications will not be considered from an organization that is past due in submitting its final grant report to the Foundation. To determine the final report due date, refer to your grant agreement.
For more information, visit https://cfnla.org/grants/competitivegrants/primarygrants/