The Cassowary Coast Regional Council’s Community Grants Program is now open to support local community organizations that endeavor to make positive change and contribute to a vibrant community.
Through the Community Grant Program Council aims to:
- Create opportunities for diverse activities and events;
- Strengthen their community through social inclusion and increased resilience;
- Form collaborative partnerships to prioritize physical and mental wellbeing for residents; and
- Prioritise the natural environment.
Type of Grants
- Community Wellbeing and Lifestyle: To provide opportunities that support community wellbeing and social inclusion while encouraging community collaboration and connections.
- Economic Development: The Economic Development Community Grant supports local business industry bodies and representative groups to deliver initiatives that align with the guiding principles of Council’s economic vision. The aim of this grant is to increase local business capacity and provide support for projects which will have a positive impact on the community.
- Environmental Sustainability: Council recognises the significance the natural environment plays in many aspects of community wellbeing. Council wishes to support projects which highlight the natural environment as a priority and ensure a better quality of life for all residents in the region.
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF): RADF provides support for innovative and collaborative arts projects that create a vibrant and interactive arts sector for the region. This funding provides support for professional and emerging artists to undertake a variety of arts and culture projects.
- Youth Assistance: Youth Assistance supports the personal development of young people under the age of 18 to compete in officially recognised competitions in the areas of sport, recreation, cultural or academic endeavors.
- Emergent Needs Funding: Provide support for community groups who are faced with unforeseen expenses when planning community events or activities.
- Emergent Needs Funding: up to $1000
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
- RADF Quick response: up to $1000, ongoing
- Major RADF: up to $5000, twice annually
Most members of the group applying must live in Cassowary Coast Region and projects must benefit the Cassowary Coast community. General eligibility requirements include:
- Operating within Cassowary Coast regional boundaries.
- Free of debt with the Cassowary Coast Regional Council, be financially viable.
- Have a bank account in the name of the legal entity.
- Be an incorporated not for profit organisation, or be sponsored by an incorporated organisation and have a valid public liability certificate (excluding Youth Assistance).
- Ability to obtain appropriate permits.
Government or semi-government organisations i.e., private hospitals, aged care facilities
- Public and private educational institutions Note: Schools may be eligible for RADF funding
- Unions and student guilds
- Community churches (for capital works only, which includes extensions, landscaping, building maintenance
- Research foundations and trusts
- Professional associations
For more information, visit https://www.cassowarycoast.qld.gov.au/our-community/funding-grants