The Heritage Council is now inviting applications for its Community Heritage Grant Scheme 2023 to support capital projects that improve access and inclusion to heritage sites; that apply good heritage practice to the management of places, collections, or objects (including buildings).
The scheme also supports the purchase of essential equipment. This scheme is intended to enable communities and heritage non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to continue their work in this area or to start new initiatives.
- The Heritage Council has allocated in the region of €1,500,000 to this scheme in 2023 to undertake capital works that will apply good heritage practice in managing and improving access to sites, collections, objects (including buildings).
- The most you may ask for is 80% of the funding of the total project value, from a minimum of €2,000 up to a maximum of €25,000.
- Match funding of 20% by way of valuing your voluntary contribution or benefit in kind is acceptable.
- They expect the scheme to be very competitive. They will not be able to support multiple applications from the same applicant.
The scheme is open to:
- voluntary and community groups
- non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- Museum Standards Programme for Ireland (MSPI) participants (NGO's only)
- Adopt a Monument Programme participants
For more information, visit Heritage Council.