The Community Relief and Recovery Fund was established to respond to the short and long-term impact that COVID-19 will have on individuals, families, and for-impact partners within Northwest Ottawa County. The name of this fund, Community Relief and Recovery, was selected with great intention and purpose.
Grants from this fund are competitive and will support an organization’s core operation costs in an effort to allow the organization to fully support the communities of Northwest Ottawa County. Priority will be granted to organizations serving individuals, families, and/or communities most impacted by COVID-19.
Areas of focus include:
- accessible nutrition
- access to arts & culture, education
- frontline fatigue
- physical and mental health
- safe housing
- vulnerable communities such as seniors and youth
Awards from this fund will be no less than $5,000, and, while most applications funded through this effort will fall below $25,000, the Committee will review, and may consider, applications above this amount based on the needs and impact identified.
- Nonprofit organizations that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, schools, municipalities, and other units of government that serve a charitable purpose in Ottawa County.
- The Community Relief and Recovery Fund generally will not consider grants to individuals and/or sectarian religious programs.
For more information, visit https://ghacf.org/grants/