- Five hundred dollars is available to all eligible Montezuma County businesses with additional information required to request up to a total of $10,000.
- Eligible Funding Requests:
- Reimbursement of any COVID-19 related expenses that have already occurred including masks, sanitizer, plexiglass, signage, technology needs, or other costs incurred to accommodate social distancing and public health requirements. Receipts are required.
- Funds may be used for COVID-19 related expenses still needed to meet public health and social distancing requirements (PPE equipment, technology and signage). Please provide quotes or specific pricing information. If approved, the County will make payment after all receipts are received.
- Funds may be used for costs of business interruption caused by required closures (this may include rent, utilities, and personnel). Requests must not duplicate funding already received for this purpose from other COVID-19 related grants or relief programs including, but not limited to, PPP and EIDL loans.
- Funds may be used for costs expended for any events that were cancelled (posters, t-shirts, etc.).
- Funds may be used to help meet anticipated needs to remain open through the end of 2020 (heaters for restaurants so they can utilize outdoor space, tents, etc.). Please provide quotes or specific pricing information. If approved, Region 9 will make payment after all receipts are received.
- All funding must be expended in 2020 and for 2020 expenses. All funding is subject to review, audit, and final determination by the Department of Treasury. Any funds spent that is not in compliance with their requirements must be returned to Montezuma County. For additional information to clarify eligible expenditures.
- Ineligible Requests:
- Marijuana businesses and liquor stores;
- Businesses that are already permanently closed.
Montezuma County will consider proposals from for-profit and non-profit businesses including 501c6 and 501c3 organizations, and home-based businesses that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Business/organization must be located within Montezuma County.
- The business/organization is still in business and working to reopen or stay open.
- All requests will be asked to provide receipts and/or financial documentation to demonstrate need.
- The Selection Committee includes at least one representative from the County and members from the Region 9 Economic Development District of Southwest Colorado (Region 9).
- All applications will be evaluated based on the criteria and availability of funds. Region 9 will receive all applications directly or upon deadline and has the legal and ethical responsibility to safeguard the privacy of all applicants.
- The Selection Committee shall maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence and shall not, directly or indirectly, disclose, disseminate, use for the benefit of themselves or any third parties, or otherwise publish Confidential Information, except as required by law.
For more information, visit http://montezumacounty.org/