The pandemic has exacerbated existing inequalities, and had a disproportionate impact on communities who are less equipped to deal with its economic impacts. This grant is aimed at mitigating the Impact of COVID-19 on Key Population Members by providing food vouchers in these harrowing times.
- A maximum of US$2500 dollars per organization is available to purchase Food items for a 3-month period.
- The suggested food voucher amount is as follows:
- Persons / families without dependent US$50 or local currency equivalent
- Persons / families with dependent US%75 or local currency equivalent
- Community Organizations from Belize, Jamaica and Suriname are invited to apply for this funding. Organizations are required to purchase grocery vouchers from reputable supermarkets or grocery stores.
- Key Population Groups or KP service organization from the priority countries are invited to submit their requests for funding. A statement to indicate how beneficiaries will be validated should be included on the information form. Requests will be evaluated and processed until the funds are fully allocated, so make sure you get your request in quickly.
- NB: In order to receive the funds, organizations should be legally registered. Informal groups must therefore provide a fiscal sponsor who can receive and manage the funds on their behalf.
- Once your request has been approved, your organization will receive an Activity Notification Award from CVC. You will be asked to send us your bank wire information so they can make a transfer to your organization’s account.
- Permissible items include personal hygiene products (deodorant, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, sanitary napkin), child care products and grocery items.
- Ineligible items: alcohol, cigarettes, pet food and any leisure items.
For more information, visit https://cvccoalition.org/grants/small-grants-to-provide-social-protection-support-for-key-population-members-affected-by-the-covid-19-pandemic/