Proposed projects must be within the implementation framework of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change (2015) and suggest activities aiming to increase adaptation of people and territories to climate change.
Projects linked with the following areas are particularly targeted:
- The grant awarded to each stakeholder coalition by Karayib Klima ranges from €5,000 to €40,000 per project. A coalition can present only one project for each streams.
Projects must fall under one of these two funding streams:
- Climate resilience actions proposing adaptable, replicable and measurable solutions to the effects of climate change for the mutual benefit of stakeholders of the coalition members;
- Climate resilience awareness and advocacy campaigns contributing to raising awareness among the decision makers and the general public on issues of climate resilience.
Projects proposed may include:
- Equipment, investment and transfer of knowledge, skills, and innovative or traditional technology to address the effects of climate change;
- The development of alternative solutions and practices to enhance climate resilience;
- the establishment of platforms to educate, create awareness and train the general public or policymakers at the local, national or regional levels.
- Only projects implemented in Karayib Klima’s target countries and territories are eligible: Haiti, Grenada, Sainte Lucia, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Martinique and Saint Martin.
- Be submitted by a coalition of civil society organizations (at least 2 organizations from 2 different countries);
- Have impacts on climate resilience at the Caribbean multi-country and multi-territory level;
- Bring mutual benefits to all coalition members;
- Be presented by an organization playing the role of Project Leader and justifying of relevant capacity and technical expertise;
- Be realistic and have a measurable impact within the project’s timeframe;
- Include project indicators, monitoring and evaluation;
- Take into account for gender and youth mainstreaming;
- Be of a duration of no more than 12 months.
For more information, visit http://www.karayibklima.unite-caribbean.com/en/call-for-proposals-karayib-klima-climate-resilience-projects/