In partnership with Raymond Gubbay (a division of Sony Music) Culture Creative is looking for proposals from artists/designers/makers for new and existing work for the outdoor light trails.
Artists' work can be existing work for hire, new ideas or concepts for commission, or site-specific work that would be suited to a specific location. They are also interested in multiples and work that can be developed and installed on more than one trail.
- The trail must have a sense of place – and reflect its location and the landscape
- It needs to be a “must-see” highlight of the winter calendar, offering an authentic seasonal experience
- Perceived as different each year to attract new visitors and repeat visitors
- A content-rich platform for PR and digital marketing activity to channel great stories and promote the trail to a wide range of audiences
- To connect visitors with the spirit of the event
- To create a seamless journey, with a continuous thread, showing the venue in a new light
- To mix visual, audio, immersive and interactive elements and create a magical experience
Key themes to consider in the look, feel and visual representation of work include:
- High contrast colour in the landscape
- High multiple/covering large spaces
They don’t want to constrain commissions at this stage, but are happy to advise that individual commissions have ranged from £5k to £60k in the past and that each proposal/commission is appraised on its merits.
- Their trails appeal to a broad cross-section of ages. Approximately 20% of their customers who book are families and around 60% are adults aged 17+.
Their target groups are:
- Families with children from 2 to 14 years.
- Couples aged 25 – 39 years living within an hour’s drive time of the venue.
- Couples who are looking for an evening winter experience which is different from the usual ice skating /fun fair offer, and are intrigued by the aesthetic element of the lighting but also want a fun evening out.
- Older couples aged 45 years plus without children – typically they are often members of the venue, will know the venue, and are interested to see it illuminated at night as this is a different experience.
What they are looking for?
- Existing artwork for hire
- New ideas/concepts
- Site-specific work for certain locations
For more information, visit Culture Creative.