Cultureghem has launched a call for applications for the Recup’ART 2020.
Recup’ART is a project based on European solidarity. The goal is to connect the European creative world with some of the most marginalized populations that we see everyday: undocumented people, those living in poverty, homeless, refugees, the people who are today the most affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and its economic consequences.
What they want to reinforce is that: They are not alone. As European citizens living on the same continent, they have to come together and exchange their knowledge, ideas, cultures, structures and means to help each others by offering what they have: whether food, art, or simply appreciation.
Through this artistic project, they want to reinforce this sense of common space that they have: The common cultural space that no borders can stop. Their proposal is necessary in the sense that it connects also the cultural world with the social sector. They are hoping this effort will also inspire similar actions across sectors and structures.
Recup’ART will carry its European dimension by inviting all european artists to send their art by mail or email. Also, by communicating around project they also hope to inspire similar actions in all Europe.
- Budget available for artists: a maximum budget of 500 Euros per artwork/project including shipping cost
- The artist is responsible for insuring his artwork and to secure its shipment to premises
- Please bear in mind that when donating your artwork it becomes the sole property of Cultureghem and public.
- This call is open to all artists based in Europe
- What Cultureghem is looking for: small artworks that would fit in food aid parcel (max dimension 30x30x30cm). The artworks must be well packed to resist handling and transport by cargobike.
- Medium: all mediums welcome. Whether drawing, illustration, poetry, photography, prints, fanzine, comics, books, small objects, sculptures, multiples, etc.
- When making up your budget please include the cost for the Transport of your artwork
- Ship artwork to: Cultureghem vzw
For more information, visit https://www.cultureghem.be/en/news/open-call-artists-recupart-2020