The Dallas County Foundation is accepting grant applications annually from charitable projects and programs in the community that address a wide range of needs: Health, Human Services, Arts & Culture, Historic Preservation, and Environment.
As a responsive and proactive partner, the foundation seeks to address existing and emerging issues in Dallas County.
Their areas for emphasis include:
- Humanities and Human Services;
- Public and Society;
- The maximum grant awarded for any one proposal is $20,000. Grant funds will be available no later than May and must be used within twelve months.
Who can apply?
- The Dallas County Foundation grants to non-profit organizations with an IRS 501c 3, 5, or 6 statuses OR is a 170b unit of government. Religious or political organization is NOT eligible for grants unless their project benefits the entire community.
- If your group does not have one of the IRS non-profit statuses listed above, you may affiliate (or partner) your group with another group that does have one of these tax statuses.
How To Apply
- Download the grant instructions and grant application pdfs.
- Watch the grant application video tutorial where they answer many of the commonly asked questions on the grant application form and provide tips on how to apply and what information to include.
- Submit your completed grant application (all 7 printed copies).
- Please note: Grant applications MUST BE received by Monday, February 1 at 4:00 p.m. to be considered for the 2021 grant cycle. Grants sent through the mail MUST BE postmarked before February 1, 2021, or received before bank closing on February 1, 2021.
- February: Grant Committee reviews applications;
- February – March: Selected grants presented to the board for approval;
- March – April: Grant applicants will be notified of approval or denial;
- April – May: Checks will be presented at an Awards Reception;
- October: Project evaluations due. Grant recipients must submit a post-grant/project evaluation form to be considered for future grant opportunities.
For more information, visit https://www.dallascountyfoundation.org/non-profit-organizations