The Danish Arts Foundation is currently accepting applications for its grant programme to support literary works (books, e-books, drama, literary podcasts etc.) for adults, children and young adults.
One of the purposes of the Danish Arts Foundation is to promote dissemination of Danish literature abroad. The Committee for Literary Project Funding wants to support the possibilities for relevant Danish works and authorships of high quality to reach the reading public abroad.
- In order to promote clarity and to adjust the applicants’ expectations, the committee has chosen to introduce fixed grant amounts according to the scope, complexity and expenses in connection with publishing projects.
- DKK 15,000 – publication of books and translations up to 100 pages.
- DKK 30,000 – publication of books and translations up to 300 pages.
- DKK 50,000 – publication of books and translations with more than 300 pages.
- DKK 100,000 – for especially complex and expensive works. Therefore, there must be a real extra expense related to producing these works. In order to receive support of this size, you must also explain which other financing sources have been investigated.
- Other media:
- Literary podcasts: DKK 15,000 – at least 90 minutes, DKK 30,000 – at least 180 minutes, DKK 50,000 – at least 300 minutes.
- E-books and literary web publications: Here, as a rule, support is provided in the same way as for publishing books.
- If you receive a grant of:
- DKK 100,000 or less, they pay the grant as closely as possible to the start date you have stated in your application. You should therefore make sure that the start date you enter matches the date of the first expenses for your project
- You can apply for grants for:
- Publication of literature in various formats translated from Danish. If you are applying for grants to cover both production and translation costs, you must apply in a single, combined application per work.
- Publishing houses and other publishers of Danish literary works in translation, (organisations etc.)
- Nordic publishers: please apply to the fund ‘Nordiske oversættelser/Nordic translations’
- You cannot apply for grants for:
- Individuals cannot apply for support for translation. The support must be applied for by the publishing publisher.
- Translation of Danish titles to other Nordic languages. Nordic publishers may apply to the Fund for Nordic Translations/ puljen Nordiske Oversættelser for funding to cover fees for translators who translate a work from Danish into another Nordic language
- Publication of works in which the literature belongs to the realm of research, education, regional and local history, handbooks, self-help and lifestyle books, dictionaries, catalogues, or similar literature.
For more information, visit Danish Arts Foundation.