The Douglas County Community Foundation (DCCF) is inviting applications for its Community Grants to support a wide range of local projects in the areas of arts and culture, animal welfare, children and youth, community development, education, environment, health, housing and human services.
The goal of the DCCF Community Grants program is to improve the lives of Douglas County, Kansas residents. They support a wide variety of activities in the following areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Children and Youth
- Community Development
- Human Services
Grants generally range from $1,000 to $10,000.
- Proposal must come from a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, tribal entity or local government.
- Proposal must be for work that benefits residents of Douglas County, Kansas.
- Organization must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
- The foundation is more likely to fund requests that:
- Are clearly and concisely described
- Are based on complete and clear income and expense projections
- Do not require recurring DCCF funding for the same project or purpose
- Reasonably ensure continued support after foundation funding is no longer available
- Are proposed by organizations that demonstrate sound financial practices and strong staff and volunteer support
Limitations on Grantmaking Generally, grants are not awarded for:
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships, or advertising
- Annual campaigns
- Endowment fund
- Event sponsorships
- Fundraising events
- Religious purposes
- Lobbying or political activities prohibited by the IRS
- Debt retirement
For more information, visit https://www.dccfoundation.org/dccf-community-grants.cfm