Democracy for Development (D4D) invites grassroots organizations from Kosovo to submit project proposals seeking to provide skills and employment opportunities for women grassroots and advocate for enhancing women’s access to labour market at the local municipal level.
The selected grassroots organisations will also benefit from the ongoing mentoring program throughout the year.
“Enhancing women’s access to employment” project aims to address women’s inactivity in the labour market in Kosovo and Albania. The overarching objective of the project is to increase women participation in the labour market through targeted advocacy in fighting gender discrimination, promoting decent jobs and implementing gender-friendly strategies that improve the presence of women in the labour market.
- The requested financial support should not exceed the amount of 1,600 EUR. Administrative costs should not exceed 5% of the total grant amount.
- Duration: 2 months.
Projects/initiatives eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- Advocating at the local municipal level on a certain regulation change that directly or indirectly increases women’s access to the labour market;
- Facilitating cooperation between the private sector and women’s entrepreneurship associations and/or women social enterprise, cooperatives;
- Strengthening the capacities of other women grassroots through providing information on training, capacity building initiatives and other job-related skills;
- Facilitating access to new information and resources;
- Partnerships that include members of decision-making authorities (i.e. municipal assembly) and women grassroots;
Note: Applications must comply with the assigned criteria in order to proceed to the assessment stage. Non-complying applications will be rejected.
- Women grassroot NGO’s and associations (for example, trade unions, cooperatives) with previous experience in addressing women’s access to the labour market;
- Women grassroot entities (formal and informal) which address women’s access to the labour market at their community level;
- Women volunteer-led organizations or entities;
All applications will be evaluated on the project’s potential to have a tangible impact on increasing women’s access to the labour market at the local municipal level. Each project will be evaluated based on the following selection criteria:
- Technical approach
- Relevance to the needs and issues addressed;
- Quality of the proposed activities;
- Results-oriented activities;
- Organizational/group capacities
- Administrative and organizational capacities;
- Relevant past experience and results in similar areas
- Cost proposal
- Cost-effectiveness of the budget.
- A short project proposal, describing the key goals and objectives of the project and ultimate outcomes;
- A proposed budget that will be used effectively in line with the theme project goals and objectives/outcomes.
- Legal documents providing the organization’s registration (in the case of NGO);
- If relevant, proof of competence and previous experience in relevant activities.
For more information, visit https://d4d-ks.org/en/activities/seed-funding-call-proposals-poziv-za-prijavljivanje-za-male-grantove/