The Novo Nordisk Foundation has launched the Project Grants for Science Communication and Debate Using Novel Communication Platforms.
- The Novo Nordisk Foundation wants to support general science education and cultivate interest, knowledge and competencies in natural science and technology among children, young people and the general population in Denmark.
- Through the call for applications on science communication and debate using novel communication platforms, the Novo Nordisk Foundation wants to contribute to engagement and interest in natural science and technology and to facilitate a qualified public debate on topics within natural science.
- Applicants may apply for grants for projects that communicate natural science and technology to non-scientific target groups in creative and engaging ways.
- Projects may use novel communication platforms, events and collaborations that:
- Contribute to inspiring and engaging people in scientific topics;
- raise awareness of challenges relevant to society within natural science research, health, the development of technology, energy production, climate and sustainability;
- facilitate public, fact-based and critical debate on natural science and technology; and
- increase the dissemination of reliable sources of natural science knowledge and counteract misinformation.
- The target groups may be children, young people and/or the general population. All types of media and instruments may be used and must primarily be made available to target groups outside the education system. For example, applicants may apply for grants for science journalism, television and documentary productions, podcasts, animated videos, communication through social media, lectures, makerlabs, seminars, workshop activities, theatre, festivals, or debate events. It is important to demonstrate that the chosen media is in accordance with the purpose and target group(s) of the project.
- The project activities must be addressed to target groups within the Danish Realm.
A total of up to DKK 30 million is available for grants between DKK 100,000–6,000,000 for projects of up to 6 years duration.
- During the grant period, the applicant must be a leader at or responsible for a project at the administrating institution for the project applied for. The administrating institution for the project must be a public institution and/or nonprofit organisation, including educational institutions, municipalities, research institutions, museums or associations in the Danish Realm.
- Private companies and producers may apply for grants for noncommercial projects with nonprofit aims. In this case, the company will be the administrating institution for the project.
- The Foundation has four calls for applications in 2022 within natural science education and outreach. A person may only be the main applicant for one application in these four calls. Co-applicants are not subject to similar rules.
- Applications, which fall within the calls for Project grants for natural science education and informal learning environments in spring and fall 2022 or Grants for vocational education and training will not be considered in this call.
- The application system is in English, but applications can be submitted in either Danish or English. The language chosen will not influence the assessment of the application.
For more information, visit https://novonordiskfonden.dk/en/grants/project-grants-for-science-communication-and-debate-using-novel-communication-platforms-2022/