The Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control (CGH) is seeking applications for its Prevention and Control of Infections/Epidemics/Pandemics of Patients at Risk or Infected with HIV and/or TB/HIV in South Africa under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The purpose of this NOFO is to prevent and decrease iatrogenic infections of PLHIV in South Africa at the facility (such as HCF, correctional facilities, and worksites) and community levels. PLHIV are known to be at higher risk of contracting or developing serious complications from infectious diseases such as TB and COVID-19.
This NOFO will use mostly a Technical Assistance (TA) approach to support the South African National Department of Health (NDoH), Provincial Departments of Health (PDoH), and other Governmental entities to strengthen IPC measures. The approach to TA will include:
- Supporting NDoH and other Governmental entities to develop and harmonize IPC policies, guidelines, and standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Supporting NDoH to develop IPC curriculum and training for PDoH, Districts Health Teams, facility leadership, and HCWs;
- Supporting DSPs and other implementing partners (IPs) on IPC activities (training, mentoring, monitoring, and improving IPC practices);
- Educating stakeholders (civil society representing PLHIV, professional organizations and unions, and community leaders) on sound IPC practices; and
- Making IPC policies, guidance, training materials, SOPs, and tools easily available to stakeholders using electronic repositories.
- Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding: $ 10,000,000.
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity).
- Government Organizations:
- State governments or their bona fide agents (includes the District of Columbia)
- Local governments or their bona fide agents
- Territorial governments or their bona fide agents in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau
- State controlled institutions of higher education
- American Indian or Alaska Native tribal governments (federally recognized or state-recognized)
- Non-government Organizations
- American Indian or Alaska native tribally designated organizations
- Ministries of Health
- In addition to the entities listed above, the following entities are eligible to apply for this NOFO:
- Government Organizations:
- Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
- Non-government Organizations:
- Alaska Native health corporations
- Tribal epidemiology centers
- Urban Indian health organizations
- Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
- Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
- Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research)
- Colleges and Universities
- Community-based organizations
- Faith-based organizations (FBOs)
- For-profit organizations (other than small business)
- Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
- All Other
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329081