Applicants are now invited to submit their applications for the Direct Aid Program, a small development support programme funded by the Australian Government and managed by the diplomatic missions of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
It focuses on supporting smallscale relief activities that deliver practical, tangible results.
- There is no minimum amount that a single PAD project can receive.
- Each project can apply for a maximum funding of €15,000.
PAD activities should be primarily aimed at achieving practical and tangible results with a major impact on development. PAD funds activities that have a direct, practical and immediate impact, including capacity building programs in the areas of governance and human rights.
The Programme will favorably consider projects:
- In the areas of community and/or rural development, education, gender equality, disability, youth, human rights, environment, small-scale infrastructure and ad hoc humanitarian aid;
- Where candidates and their communities make a contribution in labor, materials, transport or money;
- Sports activities;
- That increase educational and cultural exchanges and interpersonal connections/relationships;
- That are viable and have sustainable results;
- That offer educational or professional training/skills
PAD is available on a non-profit basis to individuals, community groups, NGOs and other entities involved in development activities in countries that are eligible for official development assistance (ODA).
The Programme will not fund the following: What activities are eligible for PAD support? What is the Direct Help Program?
- Cash donations, microcredit schemes or projects involving cash back;
- Commercial ventures;
- Purchase of high value goods, for example vehicles;
- Australian or overseas study visits;
- International travel;
- Sponsorship of major sporting tournaments or cultural events that do not have a clear development benefit;
- Employee salaries;
- Recurring daily and operating costs and administrative expenses, including the leasing of offices and utilities, consumables, spare parts, routine maintenance.
For more information, visit https://dap.smartygrants.com.au/STP22_23