The Propel Youth Arts WA is inviting applications for its Drug Aware YCulture Metro, which is a funding and development program for youth arts and culture projects based in metropolitan Perth. In 2021 funded projects will have a focus on skills development, community engagement as well as promotion and education of Healthways key health messages.
The Drug Aware YCulture Metro funds projects by young people, for young people. The focus is on community engagement and youth skills development and can include projects such as community events, creative workshops, production developments and showings, and live performances across all artforms. Proposed projects should also have the ability to have a broad participation reach that targets young people.
Applicants may apply for up to $4000. Funding can cover project expenses including:
- Artist Fees;
- Promotional costs;
- Venue Hire;
- Equipment Hire.
- There must be two key project organisers aged 12 – 26 years.
- There must be at least 6 young people aged 12 – 26 years directly involved in the project.
- The project must engage a minimum of 250 indirect participants as participants or audience members, and also demonstrate extended reach through online promotion or activities.
- Projects must promote and support healthy messages that are relevant to young people and align with Healthway’s key priorities. This can include supporting young people through complex topics such as mental health, identity, body confidence, etc.
- Applicants’ projects must involve an experienced mentor to ensure maximize skill development.
- If applicants are applying as an individual or part of a group, they must arrange to have an incorporated organisation act as an auspice on their project.
- All events and activities must be smoke, drug and alcohol-free.
- Applicants’ projects must be occurring in the Perth metro area. There is a separate funding pool for projects happening regionally. This funding is called Drug Aware YCulture Regional and is run by Regional Arts WA.
For more information, visit https://www.propel.org.au/yculturemetro