The Government of Northwest Territories (NWT) has announced its Early Childhood Infrastructure Fund (ECIF) for projects that preserve or expand existing infrastructure of licensed centre-based child care spaces or to create new licensed centre-based child care spaces in NWT communities.
Funding priority will be given to communities with limited or non-existent early learning and child care programming.
- Licensed early learning and child care programs (centre-based and family day homes) that charge a child care fee for children five years of age and younger.
If you’re eligible, your application will be assessed on:
- The description of the project and the work that will be done.
- A demonstrated need for a new physical space or improvements to an existing one.
- The estimated cost of the project and break down of how your organization will contribute financially.
- That you run a licensed early learning and child care program that’s in good financial standing or are eligible to become licensed (for new construction).
- The address or legal description of the space of the project and proof that you have the legal right use the space.
- Documentation from third parties showing the need for work to be done (if available).
- Letters of support from community members, organizations, or governments.
For more information, visit Government of Northwest Territories.