Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines is pleased to announce Education & Relationship-Building Grant Stream to support aboriginal communities and organizations to enhance their understanding of mineral exploration and development processes as well as to support the development of relationships between Aboriginal communities, industry and government.
Funding under this stream supports projects that enable Aboriginal communities and organizations to:
- Participate in a variety of educational opportunities to enhance their knowledge of the mining sector and its regulation; or
- Engage in relationship-building opportunities with industry proponents, government, and/or other Aboriginal communities, including through educational opportunities and direct facilitation, to increase the participation of Aboriginal people in the mining sector.
- The ministry welcomes a range of projects, defined by the applicant, that meet the stream objectives and are not more appropriately funded under the Aboriginal Participation Fund’s other streams. Some examples of eligible projects under this stream may include:
- Participation at conferences, seminars, and workshops specific to the mining sector to enhance knowledge and capacity for engaging or interacting with industry proponents.
- Community awareness workshops specific to mineral exploration and development activities.
- Technical tables related to the mining sector.
- Mineral development relationship-building opportunities with Aboriginal communities, industry and/or government, including support for issues management.
- Project funding is open to Aboriginal communities or organizations in Ontario. Eligible applicants that have identified a need to build relationships with other Aboriginal communities, industry proponents, and government with respect to mineral exploration and development may be:
- Single Applicants: Aboriginal communities in areas of high mineral exploration and/or development activity;
- Joint Applicants: Two or more Aboriginal communities in areas of high mineral exploration and/or development activity; or Aboriginal organizations, such as a Tribal Council or economic development organization, if applicable, representing communities in areas of high mineral exploration and/or development activity.
For more information, visit Ministry of Mines.
For more information, visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/available-funding-opportunities-ontario-government#education