The Japanese government hereby Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and invites organizations and local government agencies, their requests to receive government grants in the form of basic human needs projects ( GGP ) in the fiscal year 2021.
As a flexible and timely program, the GGP supports public socio-economic development projects defined by civil society organizations and institutions to meet basic human needs through financing. s a reflection of the Japanese government’s high commitment to upholding the concept of “human security”, the GGP program seeks to contribute to the improvement of various fields such as health, education, skills training and social welfare.
- Project areas are GGP mainly consider that the areas with the aim of improving the provision of basic human needs Such as projects that well serve the interests of ordinary people in the community and projects that require timely humanitarian support.
- Typical projects include concrete items such as construction / reconstruction or donation of equipment to primary schools, medical clinics, social welfare facilities for people with disabilities, street children and the elderly, mitigation of the consequences of gender discrimination, eradication of violence against women, women’s empowerment, education Girls, digging water wells, technical-professional skills training and upgrading the basic medical equipment of hospitals to support vulnerable people are among the refugees.
- In general, the amount of budget allocated to each project is a maximum of 10 million Japanese Yen, which is provided by the Japanese Embassy in Iran in Euro equivalent and can be accepted in the form of Euro or Rial deposit.
- Recipients of GGP grants to local / national / international / international non- governmental organizations ( NGOs ), local government agencies and public organizations such as hospitals and health centers, educational institutions such as primary and secondary schools, institutions Government-affiliated international organizations as well as non-profit organizations active in the implementation of public development projects.
- Note: Individuals and for-profit companies are absolutely not eligible to receive GGP assistance
For more information, visit https://www.ir.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_ja/11_000001_00337.html