Within the EU-funded “FUTURE TODAY: Empowering women, youth and children for deepening democracy in Armenia” project UNDP Armenia’s Kolba Lab opens a special call for proposals seeking partnership with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) around co-design and incubation of youth-lead innovative ideas.
The call will aim at mobilizing a critical cohort of young innovators in generating and testing future-oriented ideas.
UNDP is seeking partnership with local civil society organizations for ideas that contribute to a better future for Armenians and that can be matured and further developed through ideation and incubation.
The component should be implemented with the active participation of youth (targeting at 14 to 30 year-olds) and should have at least the following components:
- youth mobilization;
- ideas generated through scenario-building;
- co-design of specific innovative solutions that contribute towards the desired future;
- incubation of ideas into viable products, processes and projects. The applicants are expected to suggest a tailored methodological approach for each step.
In the framework of the overall future vision, the CSOs are expected to tailored proposals in the following directions:
- Future of Youth: Educated and R&D-based Armenia: youth aspirations; new skills and jobs; education; public spaces; open spaces; museums, libraries and alternative educational & scientific frameworks, research and development in new era, life-long education; spaces for ideation and cooperation, youth-friendly learning; research and development in new era; most requested science domains; space and time; alternative methods in science education; etc.
- Resilience and civic protection: addressing shocks and uncertainties; environmental and man-made disasters; peer support in civic protection; etc.
- Creative Industry: Creative Armenia at scale: creative industries, new media; visual arts; arts and crafts; history and culture; arts and technologies; etc.
- Talent hub Armenia; Attraction points; talent creation, attraction, and retention: What they need to attract talent (co-working & co-living; entertainment; open spaces, public spaces, events, etc.)
- The call is open to non-governmental organizations from Armenia.
- The selected solution will receive potential funding of up to USD 8,000 for pilots in Armenia to be implemented within 4 months.
- The challenge will be open to non-governmental organizations from Armenia.
- A prior experience of youth work will be an advantage.
- All entries must focus on solutions that can be implemented in Armenia, but possibly rolled out in the region or globally.
- Applicants submitting original work that has not been previously submitted to other challenge events will be preferred.
- All entries will be subject to integrity checks during the competition to ensure the originality of the work.
- Fund will be disbursed based on UNDP Innovation Grants skim.
For more information, visit http://kolba.am/dream-labs-co-design/