This call of the Active Citizens Fund supports Portuguese NGO projects, which work towards strengthening the capacity and sustainability of civil society.
- Large projects under this call must have a total supportable cost greater than 20,000 euros and equal to or less than 75,000 euros, with eligible costs being co-financed by the Program at a maximum rate of 90%;
- The maximum duration of selected projects under this call is 20 months, with an expected start date in March 2022.
- Elaboration of needs assessments and action plans / strategic plans for organisations;
- Implementation of action plans / strategic plans related to organisational / operational capacity building;
- Training, mentoring, coaching and consulting in the priority cross-cutting areas of advocacy, watchdog and fundraising;
- Traineeships for NGO staff members in other NGOs;
- Cross-cutting training, mentoring, coaching and consulting on governance, planning, administrative and financial management, communication and marketing, volunteer attraction and management, monitoring and evaluation techniques;
- Participation in networks and other vehicles for the internationalisation of organisations and their associative structures;
- Transfer of knowledge between large and small civil society organisations;
- Exchange of experiences for benchmarking;
- Conducting studies and publications and creation of data bases and knowledge and information repositories;
- Reinforcement of the sector’s capacity and notoriety through networking, fundraising and dissemination events;
- Creation of a social business based on a business plan.
- Each eligible entity can only submit a maximum of one application per year, either as a promoter or partner;
- Depending on the dimension of the projects, it may be mandatory to form a partnership.
For more information, visit https://gulbenkian.pt/cidadaos-ativos/en/bolsas-lista/enhanced-capacity-and-sustainability-of-civil-society-2/