The NSW Government is inviting applications for its Environmental Education Program to develop, broaden and transform the community’s knowledge, skills, and intrinsic motivation to engage in sustainable behaviour and encourage participation in protecting the environment.
- Funding proposals are expected to incorporate the following elements:
- environmental benefit
- community need
- transformative learning leading to behaviour change
- evaluation and dissemination.
- Applications to the 2022–23 round are required to address at least one of the following immediate funding priorities from the NSW Environmental Trust Strategic Plan 2020–24:
- addressing climate change impacts on the natural environment – both mitigation and adaptation
- supporting threatened species recovery.
- Grants of up to $250,000 for projects that develop knowledge and skills in protecting and restoring the environment.
- Community organisations
- Community groups
- Incorporated associations
- Incorporated non-profit organisations
- Local councils
- Local Land Services
- NSW Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- Non-commercial cooperatives
- Other local government-controlled organisations
- Regional organisations of councils
- Registered NSW Aboriginal Corporations
- State government agencies and/or statutory committees
For more information, visit https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/funding-and-support/nsw-environmental-trust/grants-available/environmental-education