The European Commission (EC) is offering Grants for Demonstration of large-scale CHP technologies for a shift to the use of biogenic residues and wastes.
- public bodies (entities established as a public body under national law, including local, regional or national authorities) or international organisations; and
- cases where the individual requested grant amount is not more than EUR 60 000 (low value grant).
- Advance the European scientific basis and increase technology competitiveness in the area of bioenergy, in particular increase penetration of renewables, regional development, cost reduction and feedstock enlargement thus supporting the EU goals for climate protection, energy independence and economic growth;
- Technology de-risk retrofitting of large-scale fossil CHP to bioenergy as a necessary step before scaling up at commercial level;
- Allow high penetration in the energy system, ensure stability and security of energy supply and gain efficiency and costs in transforming the energy system on a decarbonised basis, in particular by reducing CAPEX for bioenergy capacity and base-load capability;
- Enhance sustainability of renewable energy and fuel value chains by addressing social, economic and environmental aspects of the value chain and its life cycle.
- the Member States of the European Union, including their outermost regions;
- the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States;
- eligible non-EU countries:
- countries associated to Horizon Europe;
- low- and middle-income countries.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3A4jitV